Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Break Euge '08 cont.

I got this new haircut on Saturday from my super-awesome new(ish) stylist, Jesse. Now you're probably thinking, "Wait a sec, I don't remember you having super-awesome hair?" Well, I haven't always, but these days it's not been looking so bad. You probably remember me from the Melissa hairstyling days, and yes, that was pretty bad. Too blond, too big, too... ugh. Let's just forget about that. Jesse is amazing and he gave me this great haircut last summer that made me feel like I was wearing a wig- my hair was so not my hair and I loved it! So this time I told him I was ready for something new and exciting and short. Hairstylists get really excited when you tell them that you want your hair short and I think they are always a little bit afraid of freaking you out by cutting it too short, but I assured him that short-short is what I really wanted.

So then he did something that just cracked me up. He literally spent about five minutes staring at my head and moving my hair all around and was obviously brewing up a plan to do some incredibly amazing hair stylist maneuvers.

Snip snip and away went all my hair. Jesse wears this tool belt type thingy (maybe it makes him feel more masculine? He is straight, BTW, with a wife and three kids), and he used almost all of his tools on me, texturizing, volumizing and so forth.

The result: super cute, super short, super flattering, and me feeling super relieved!

These were his exact words after finishing the cut and spending what I thought was an unusually long time admiring his work:

"I better give you some of my cards, because this is the kind of haircut that people will stop you on the street about."

Can you believe he actually said this? I was dying inside!

But here's the bad news. Today was day 1 of me attempting to style it on my own and it really doesn't look nearly as super cute today as it did yesterday. So now I'm thinking that the only people who will be stopping me on the street will be wondering what the hell someone like me (who clearly does not have enough time to spend styling herself) is doing with a haircut that so clearly requires styling effort and expensive products that I so obviously could not afford to own.

Now I know you are all dying to see this new haircut and judge it for yourself (and you can keep those comments to yourself, thank you, unless you plan on telling me how amazingly hot it makes me look, in that case go right ahead), but you'll just have to wait until I can get some photos uploaded, a process that takes way to long thanks to technical difficulties between the camera, Brent's computer, my computer and my brain.

1 comment:

Meeshed Potatoes said...

Haha! I personally love that you posted this blog!! Brent doesn't know what he's talking about I found it quite interesting and humorous..maybe it's a girl thing and I can relate!