Monday, April 27, 2009

Thank You!

Dear Everyone Who Sent Us Gifts For Sawyer,

It has probably come to your attention that you have not received a thank you card from us. Stop checking your mailboxes, I regret to inform you that there will be no thank you cards.  It's not that we did not appreciate your gift, we certainly did, but... well... here goes... it all started so innocently... this is my tale of woe. 

We began receiving gifts and I kept thinking how I had so much time before the thank you card statute of limitations would expire. Tons of time! I just had a baby! No one expects me to send out thank you cards yet! I lulled myself into this false security as the gifts piled up and then they just kept coming. And then I realized that I had forgotten who sent what. And then I got all freaked out about it. And then I gave up.

So here is my mea culpa. And my thank you. And maybe, just maybe, a super cute and smiley baby photo to atone for my thoughtlessness...


1 comment:

Not quite the Bradys said...

Boy is smiling like he's got a secret. I think he looks skeptical about that there story. : )