Saturday, June 20, 2009

Road Trip '09!

A couple of weeks ago, my aunt Jacie and I loaded up the van (thanks Grandma Helen and Grandpa Jack!) and headed with Sawyer down to see our family in Chico, CA. Turns out Sawyer is a pretty good traveler, and despite a few issues with having to pump our own gas (I still can't believe they just let anybody handle gasoline. We like our to keep our highly flammable liquids under lock and key here in Oregon), Jacie and I made it down there in time for cocktail hour. A sidenote: our extended family maintains that antiquated practice of stopping whatever you are doing at 5 o'clock every evening to sit and have a cocktail. You should try it.

It also turns out that Sawyer is not nearly so fussy if you put him down for a few naps during the day. It also apparently turns out that I am an idiot for not figuring this out earlier.

Fussy? Who, me?

Lauren and I got to lounge poolside with adult beverages. We also got to sneak off to the Sierra Nevada brewery and have adult beverages among adults. It was all very adult-like and fun.

The kids stayed home with Jacie and Bobbi.

The covered patio was pretty sweet. I am thinking I might want one of these.

Since Lauren didn't get scheduled to work for the week after we were there, and because we thought it would be fun to drive 8 hours in a van with a 9 month old and a 2 month old, she and Audrey came back up to Eugene with us. Between the three kids, someone was almost always sleeping, so we were pretty much housebound, but we did venture out to the park a few times. At one point all three kids were screaming in the backseat. Good times. We had a thunder and lightning storm one night and we all sat around drinking beer and I made some brownies while we listened to the rain. Really good times.

Jack whined for "Baby Waudrey" for days after they left. I silently whined for Cousin Lauren, too. 

No comments: