Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pancakes! Pancakes!

When Brent and I were first dating he bought me this book called Pancakes! Pancakes! by Eric Carle (the guy who does those cool color montage things, like The Very Hungry Caterpillar) as a joke because he likes to make fun of a certain part of my body that maybe, kind of might resemble pancakes. A little bit.

Yep, that's right. I have a flat butt. There you have it.

Anyway. So the book got put away and boxed up when we moved and I forgot all about it. Then one day we dug it out and realized that the main character, the boy who wants a pancake, is named Jack. Ha.

Have you all seen this? It's pancake batter in a can for those of us who are too lazy to mix Bisquick and milk. This is processed and packaged food at its finest. But look closely at the label: it's ORGANIC! Does anyone else find that funny?


Jack is not sure what to think about all of this. But he will most certainly eat any pancake that is put in front of him. Just look at that belly!

2 comments:

Sally Deck said...

Oh my god. The cuteness. That belly!

Meeshed Potatoes said...

Definitely thought that was cheeze whiz when I first saw the picture...and I was thinking in my head...Cassadie would let cheeze whiz in her house? Ha ha good think it's just pancakes in a can...I'm not sure how I feel about that..are they any good?