Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring Cleaning Cont.

It is often mentioned that Jack resembles me. I agree, I think he looks just like his Uncle Nick did at that age (minus the ginormous cheeks- yes, they were waaay bigger than Jack's). While Jack may take after me physically, he is definitely more like Brent when it comes to obsessively cleaning the garage.

Brent has a touch of the old OCD. When I met him, he had all of the items in his kitchen at a diagonal. This included cans, boxes, and silverware. I was afraid to touch anything. He has a frequent compulsion to wipe down the counters in the kitchen and to sweep imaginary particles from the garage floor. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Having a husband with OCD is pretty darn handy. I just wish I cared more about the cleanliness of the garage floor.

So Brent taught Jack to sweep the garage and now that's all he wants to do. This is a problem since we are frequently in the garage (what with the car being parked in there and all) and every time Jack sees the "ba ba" (broom) he expects you to hang out in the garage with him for at least 30 minutes while he sweeps.

Speaking of new words... In addition to "ba ba", Jack now says "ca ca" for coffee. Why does a 13 month old know the word for coffee? If you know Brent, you know why. He is truly his father's son.

3 comments:

Meeshed Potatoes said...

ha ha..well hopefully these cleaning genes will spill over to when he is a teenager and you want his room clean! I absolutely adore this picture!

Brent said...

these 'particles' they are not imaginary. hey, some people can have fun with a broom. Guys go in the garage and do 'things', you know like stare at their nature posters

Not quite the Bradys said...

That is really cute! I think Little Mommy was about half a year older than Jack when she started saying "crap". (Yes, I should be nominated for mother of the year, thank you.) Be glad he's saying coffee! : )