Saturday, June 21, 2008

Caught Red-Handed (har har)



Here's Jack making his daily raid on the strawberry patch. He eats the ripe ones, the green ones, the stems, the ant eaten ones- clearly his tastes are not discriminating. I just wish he wouldn't step on them and track strawberries into the house.

When I finally cut him off (after about ten strawberries) he tried to escape with one more. This got me to thinking about how babies come into our houses and truly take everything over. I remember being pregnant and watching our house start to fill up with toys and pastels and tiny socks. When I look back at pre-kid pictures, our house looks so empty and clean and almost not lived in. But these days the house and the strawberry patch are Jack's domain and he gleefully leaves his trail of destruction throughout both. Everything has that "lived in" look. And that's just fine with me.

No comments: