Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer's Here!

Well, it's here at last. Summer vacation- woohoo! Most of my students were done on Tuesday and we had their promotion ceremony that night. The ceremony is always a big source of stress for me because I have to present the language arts award. Believe it or not, I have a total phobia about public speaking. When I'm in my classroom with my students I am completely comfortable, but put me in front of a crowd of adults and I fall apart. I especially hate anything that involves a microphone. But I was pleasantly surprised this year that I did not turn into a blubbering fool once I hit the stage and I think I may have actually passed myself off as a reasonably intelligent human being.

We took the 7th graders on a field trip on Wednesday and Thursday was their last day. Today was a teacher workday and I had two students who volunteered to come in and help me wrap everything up. I'm exhausted, but really happy to be done and excited for the sunshine (finally!).

Brent is fishing with his dad this weekend and so I've got the house, Jack, and a plate of chocolate cupcakes all to myself. Wish me luck.

No comments: