Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sleeping on the Job

So this scenario has happened to us twice in the past week: I get into the car, well before naptime, and Jack conks completely out within about five minutes of driving. And my gosh is he ever cute when he falls asleep in the carseat. He gets this funny little pouty look on his face and his head turns to a mop of damp blond curls. Oh, and he snores.

When we reached our destination I pulled out the old handy stroller, only to realize that Jack is way too big to sleep in it anymore. Oh well, so I improvised with the legs hanging over the snack tray. I'm sure it's not the safest route, but it worked.

The only problem is that you cannot, I repeat cannot push this stroller around any public area without every single person stopping to make a comment about how adorable he is, or how he must have already had a long day, or how their neighbor's grandson's cousin is about that age, or how all their kids are grown up and have sold their souls to the devil, but used to be sweet like that, etc.

(You think I am making that last part up. I am not.)

But the best part is when Jack wakes up and he's in the stroller and we're somewhere random and you can read all of his thoughts on his little face. He's like, "Where are we? How did we get here? Who is this lady yapping on and on about her kid's eternal salvation?".

So, yeah. I'm thinking we might just stay home today.

No comments: